
While the title of this post could very easily refer to my lack of posting I have chosen the title for another reason, the return of retro shaving materiel!
On the advice of a good friend I recently purchased a Parker 22R double edged safety razor (you know the kind that can very easily slice your face off, or in my case your large proboscis). It has a pretty sharp gun metal finish and quite a lot of heft to it. My first instinct prior to using it was that I was going to soon be missing a major portion of my face, however after a solid week of using the Parker I can proudly report no nicks, cuts, wounds or sutures of any kind.
Now I probably should not be mentioning this but I have yet to purchase a "real" usable shaving soap or cream to accompany my brush. "Egads" you say, and I agree. I just have not gotten a chance to find something thoroughly serviceable. I am leaning towards JM Fraser, which is the econoline of creams but certainly up to snuff.
Since having started this grand adventure I do have to admit that my skin is remarkably smooth for the first time ever and I would recommend trying on out. The cost alone is well worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment